Friday, June 8, 2007

june 8th - lafayette, LA

Well, last night was my first official SOLO show. We had sound check and rehearsal in the afternoon. of course, everyone was a bit rusting coming off the 3 week break, but it went alright regardless. I'm still getting a lot of the music under my fingers, but i'm sure it'll come along fine. it's a bit disconcerting to realize that all those people are hearing what we're doing - whether they're critiquing it or not. i get a little nervous about missing notes and cues, but an the moment of playing i'm just looking at the page and trying to watch the director. those two hours go by really quickly when i'm up there.

On a bright note, the Spurs won game 1 of the NBA finals last night! I am from San Antonio, Texas and very much a Spurs fan, as are the majority of my group of friends down there. Me and some of the band guys went to fast Eddie's, this pool hall chain, to watch the game. We went after the show and caught most of the 3rd and the rest of the game. Twas a very one-sided contest though the Cavs made a little run at the end. I called Spurs in 5 - and now I'm wondering if they'll win even the one.



We went to this place called Don's seafood Hut 2 of the past 3 nights here. Someone said if you find bas food in Louisiana, you've [done something wrong]. So, we put the aphorism to the test. We picked Don's out of a random list of places and loved it! We split a plate of fried alligator both nights (second night was better) and I had some of the best gumbo I've had in a long time.

So, Go Spurs and Go Don's!

No comments: